Update T-Mobile Galaxy S-3 To Android 4.3 Jelly Bean-
A new firmware by AT&T has been leaked, intended for the AT&T Galaxy S3 I747 smartphone. And now the same update has been ported on to T-Mobile Galaxy S3 T999. The firmware update; UCUEMJ2 Android 4.3 Jelly Bean, brought with it, new bug fixes and speed upgrades alongside Android 4.3 .
T-Mobile Galaxy S3 Kernel and Root Fix
Update T-Mobile Galaxy S3 T999 to UCUEMJ2 Android 4.3 Jelly Bean (No Knox, Rooted)
- Download the StockMOD ROM T999 4.3 zip file.
- Download the Modem, Kernel and Root Fix files
- Connect your T-Mobile Galaxy S3 T999 with your computer and copy all three files to the internal SD card.
- Power off your phone. Wait 5-6 seconds to confirm complete switch off.
- Put the T-Mobile Galaxy S3 T999 in Recovery Mode by pressing and holding Volume Up, Power and Home buttons until Samsung Galaxy logo appears in phone screen. Wait for a few seconds and you will be in ‘recovery mode’.
- Factory reset your phone.
In CWM: Click on ‘install zip from sdcard’, then opt for ‘choose zip from sdcard’ option, from here look for the copied ‘StockMOD ROM T999 4.3.zip’ file, click on it to install.
In TWRP: Click on install, and look for the copied ‘StockMOD ROM T999 4.3.zip’ file. Click on it to install.
- Once the ROM file has been installed, you have to install the Galaxy S3 Modem File.
- In CWM: Click on ‘install zip from sdcard’, then opt for ‘choose zip from sdcard’. Look for the ‘TMOGalaxyS3_UVUEMJ4_Modem.zip’. Confirm the install process.
- In TWRP: Click install, look for ‘TMOGalaxyS3_UVUEMJ4_Modem.zip’, click to install.
- Once the Modem file has been installed, you need to apply the Kernel and Root Fix.
- In CWM: Click on ‘install zip from sdcard’, then opt for ‘choose zip from sdcard’. Look for the ‘UCUEMJ2_Insecure_kernel.zip’. Confirm the install process.
- In TWRP: Click install, look for ‘UCUEMJ2_Insecure_kernel.zip’, click to install.
- Go back to first screen of ‘Recovery Mode’ and reboot your phone.
- If you have followed every point described in the guide, your T-Mobile Galaxy S3 T999 should now be running Android 4.3 Jelly Bean build T999UCUEMJ2. If there are any issues, feel free to post in the comments section for our staff to take a look at it.